Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Read this First—Then Everything Else Will Make Sense...


Greetings!
This is my most recent attempt at a blog. It's not a personal journal where I share my feelings or a daily thing—there are lots of days I don't do anything plus I may not have enough feelings that day to share. Go get your own.

I will add some things here when something is worth saying. I won't promise daily but do promise often. I trade e-mails with several RVers that want to know what I am doing and what's going on so I will try to address that and more.

Mixing in some serious and useful RV information, at the conclusion of each blog, I will add a brief section entitled, "Thinking About RVing…" where I will also suggest RV tips, tricks, and suggestions to make your RVing life easier, cleaner, more efficient, safer, and more fun without spending extra money. I don't do gadgets so don't depend on me to promote what I consider to be useless trinkets and a waste of money. If my tips help you, great. If not, check back for the next one.

I'd appreciate it if you would tell your friends about the blog.

Send me a comment. Let me know I'm getting through to someone.

A Quickie Blog History...
I've been screwing around with this blog, off and on, since 2005. I used to use this blog as a test for articles and a travelogue back when I was writing for the magazines. I would rough out an article and photos on the blog before I polished it. I also used it to rough out sections of my books.

I have written for all the major RV magazines including Motorhome, Highways, FMCA, Escapees, and was a columnist for Coast to Coast RV magazine for a few years. The Good Sam website used my Tips on their website plus articles in their RV Community and CyberSam newsletter. The magazines lost a lot of ad revenue during the recession and had to cut back, so an article might sit in their files for several months. So, I quit submitting stuff to them a couple of years ago. We all parted on good terms.

I enjoy the writing. It's fun. I don't do this for a living.

Enjoy the trip. Be safe.

Ron Jones
ron@aboutrving.com
aboutrving.com

Click here to view our books.





No comments: